Thursday, September 19, 2013

First post on the night of the Harvest Moon x3 (Art, Writing, Music, Nail Polish)

Hello Internet world :) 

I've been wanting to do a blog for a while now and today I was reading one called Rambles of a Polish Addict and I finally stopped procrastinating. This blog is going to be about a whole bunch of different topics [anything from Knives and Guns and Pokemon to Boys and Nail Polish] so I left the title neutral. 


To start off I'll go with the topic of Art. Art's a huge topic in my life,  I love art and one of my hobbies is search the internet for cool pictures.  Today I got bored and was scanning Deviantart and found this

by Cartoongirl7 


. . .


So many kid memories ohmygosh! THE COLORS, THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL, THE HIDDEN PUZZLES OHMYGOSH THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!! You can ask my cat, those were my exact words when I found it.  ^.~

Lol I've just found a new favorite artist, and after finding this I got back into my drawing frenzy. I've been working on a picture for a week or so(it would've been a lot less but I lost my pencils D8 )
And so I started again.

This is the latest scan, but since then I've done the eyes and skin.
My scanner changed the colors a bit, the reddish color is actually a really really light orange, and the purple is more pastel, super light as well. Here's the original base


I'm using Koh-I-Noor brand woodless colored pencils.. This is my first time using them in a while and I haven't figured out how to make a good skin tone yet, so right now she has a very very very light shade of brown as skin color. 

Another drawing I found is by Appon(which constantly makes me think of Tampon >< ) on Zerochan(dot) net :3
She(I call artists she a lot, with no evidence to back it up) is the one behind my layout image too so yeah, I like her :3 




Okay new topic: Writing

I'm working on a new story called Climbing To Heaven. ©® http://figment.com/books/696627-Climbing-to-Heaven
I'm not completely satisfied with this cover but oh well. I love the stairs thing, it was exactly what I imagined... but I'm super picky on the Fonts and I couldn't find any that I thought did it justice.
Anyway, the story is from several characters point of view about a catastrophic earthquake that's pretty much destroyed a ton of the world. The characters are a Slave, a mayor(or lawyer I can't decide which one), a med student, a high school girl and an assassin  (plus their friends and stuff).  
You can find my stories here btw: http://figment.com/users/290254-Livia-with-Red-Hair-

The title is inspired by a line out of Breaking Benjamin's song Unknown Soldier that says "You'll find me climbing to heaven" and when I was writing this I couldn't think of anything else <3


New Topic: Nail Polish 

Okay one thing you're going to figure out soon is that I have one color nail polish that is my signature color.
Silver. I try a lot of things out but my first and favorite color is silver. A few weeks ago daddy bought me a new brand of silver which is Pure Ice brand's color Silver Star. 
I don't know why it looks that way in the picture but for my fingers...each one looks like a different work of art that should be up in a museum. Seriously, it looks so cool, some are swirly and some look layered and the other day in the shower(I've done a new coat since then) I was in the shower and I looked at my pinky finger and it looked like a bead of water had collected... it was the nail polish and it looked sooooooo cool!!! :D
Now just a few days ago I got this new color  L.A Colors Color Craze;Scream
And I haven't used it yet. I'm thinking of doing it Silver with a Green stripe going straight down the middle. I'm going to do that tonight.. right after I finish my last minute  homework that I forgot about DX I'm going to end this here and go do hw so I can turn it in tomorrow. 

Nighty night peoples


Xoxo~ Livi
 






No comments:

Post a Comment