Tuesday, November 12, 2013

All the whacky stuff that's happened 'round here... it's a miracle I'm alive.

So you know  how the story i'm writing is about a girl getting grabbed and sold into sex trafficking? Well.... I think that almost happened to me a few weeks back.

-scoffs- Geez.. all this stuff... I told mom I'd make a list of the potentially life threatening things that have happened and tell her once i've moved out and she has no way to lock me up and never let me leave the house.

So it was just another day. I finished school and was derping on the computer when there's a really firm, loud knocking at the door. First rule of home alone: don't open the door unless you've got a gun or the house is boobytrapped to be a death trap(which ours is but we still don't open the door)

Usually when someone comes I'm just like "Meh no worries just ignore them and they'll go away" This time I instantly got chills, I sit there waiting, expecting them to go away. I wait, wait, there's no noise so i just go back to whatever I was doing. Only then do they knock again. This time I stand up and slip to my room and grab my three most lethal knives. I look around the hallway and through our stained glass door I can see a man.  As I look he's turning and walks away. I duck to the kitchen and look out-without moving the blinds at all.
 It's a mailman and there's a box in his hand. 

We've been waiting on a package for almost a month to come, and it would be just about that size. I am just about to open the door when I feel like I should stop and look again. I go back to the window and take in the details.

  •  His uniform is a lighter shade than our dark navy postal guy uniforms
  • You know how if you look in the mail truck there's papers and boxes everywhere in the front? There was nothing. The only noticeable box was the one he was holding. 
  • The mailtruck is hand painted. It's barely noticeable but the paint is definetly not done like a normal mailtruck. The stenciled symbol for the postoffice wasn't right and the red and blue lines weren't straight, like someone with a jerky hand had painted it. 
  •  he was calling someone. I could hear him, he was saying they aren't here, should I leave it or......?  He would've been trained what to do, just leave the package leaning against the door. I know they do that here because we've gotten packages since we've moved and thats what they did. 
  • And lastly, the one thing that made me certain something was off: the dog wasn't barking. She barks and growls and acts all tough around everyone. The only time she hasn't barked at a person on the property was when a robber was outside my window.  We knew he was there because she was scared and like literally tip toeing around the house. She was doing that again this day. 
 It made me think of the ice cream truck that when kids went out there got grabbed. Stuff like that and I waited for him to leave. He finally did and I convinced myself if he came back then it was real. It's been four weeks and there's been no sign of them. And we found out that that package hadn't been put in the mail until two weeks after this happened.






 The moral of the story? Trust no one. No but seriously- don't go to the door.  you can google fake mailman and find several guys that robbed ladies and stuff... just don't do it






On to other news: I read a fanfiction yesterday where the girl had a comb that was a knife and I'm scouring the web for anything resembling it. So far i've found Percy Jackson knife(except this one writes and stabs!) pens. Also some pepper spray that looks like lip stick.  ooh wait here it is!

Every girl needs this I think.


Later peeps, be safe!







No comments:

Post a Comment